Wednesday, February 3, 2016

M&O: russet, ochre, black and blush


all photos: Le style et la matière
Richard Ginori

Maison & Objet January


Expormim


Taillardat


Maison de Vacances


Bertozzi



Vandra Rugs

not their best seller, I was told -
but definitely eye catching


& Tradition


No More Twist

a young textile design studio whose name will have you smiling if you remember 
The Tailor of Glouster


Ercuis & Raynaud


L'Atelier du Renard

embroidery on leather


Ungaro


Golran

slightly less subtle than in reality


Golran

all photos: Le style et la matière

7 comments:

  1. Oh I would love to go there. That chandelier that looks like a cloud, I need that. And embroidery on leather? I have never seen that, but I bet it could be beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the embroidery on leather was very unusual and impressive. Now some of the French salons are in the US too. Maison & Objet in Miami and Première Vision in NY.
      I'd like to know what they are like too!

      Delete
  2. I'm jealous - I've always wanted to go to Maison & Objet. But I would just get stuck at Richard Ginori and never see anything else!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You need to try it out in Miami along with Donna and let me know what it's like over there! I always like Ginori - gave it top billing!

      Delete
  3. RG has certainly produced many eye catching designs over the years. Your first photograph reminds me very much of a mixture of 1970's pop and ancient Greece with a bit of the Orient thrown in for good measure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, my porcelain loving friend - I see what you mean! There was a table set with their bird themed pattern, more classic and just opulent enought but it didn't fit in here.

      Delete
  4. These are adorable pics!! I would love to be there. Thanks for sharing these reviews and photographs. I saw such stuff recently at a popular event which was hosted at one of event space NYC. I too bought some items for my home.

    ReplyDelete